For the first seven years of his career, Philip engaged in a general civil trial practice, with an emphasis on personal injury defense and commercial litigation cases. In personal injury litigation, Philip defended businesses and individuals in cases involving premises liability, product liability, motor vehicle accidents, and general negligence claims. In commercial litigation, he defended businesses in cases involving claims for breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, and insurance coverage disputes.
In 2008, Philip turned his attention away from representing corporations, insurance companies, and insureds, and began focusing on family law. Since then, Philip has handled hundreds of family law matters including divorces, the modification and enforcement of divorce decrees, paternity disputes, termination of parental rights, domestic adoptions, grandparent access, premarital agreements, and separation agreements. Philip's civil litigation experience, when coupled with his knowledge of rules of procedure and evidence, makes him uniquely able and qualified to litigate family law matters when they cannot be resolved by agreement.
Philip earned his law degree from St. Mary's University School of Law in 2001, and his undergraduate degree from the University of Houston-Downtown in 1998. His history of community involvement includes coaching boys' basketball teams and Plano middle school students in the annual Collin County Mock Trial competition. Philip is married to Kelly Moore, with whom he is raising three children in a blended household. Having been through a divorce himself, Philip understands the importance of achieving results for his clients while avoiding unnecessary friction in their lives.
- Texas, 2001
- United States District Court; Eastern District of Texas, 2003
- St. Mary’s University School of Law; San Antonio, Texas
- University of Houston-Downtown; Houston, Texas
- Bachelor of Science; Criminal Justice, 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Family Law Section, State Bar of Texas, 2008-2016
Awards and Honors:
- Elite Lawyer, 2021
- Expertise, Best Divorce Lawyers in Frisco, 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell, Peer-Reviewed, 2014
- Pro Bono Recognition, State Bar of Texas, 2009-2016
- ERISA: A Co-fiduciary Has No Right to Contribution and Indemnity; South Dakota Law Journal, Volume 48, 2003